What we test
- We connected to VPN servers in seven different locations.
- We browsed a few car rental sites like Rentalcars, Sixt, and Hertz with Google Chrome in incognito mode.
- We closed and reopened Chrome after each visit, deleting all cookies in the process.
- Taxes may not be included in your initial quote.
- Always read through the Terms of Agreement, especially when renting in another country.
- There may be an extra fee if you're returning your rental car to a different location than where you picked it up.
- People from countries where car ownership is a luxury might be willing to pay a higher price for their rental than someone who sees a car as a basic necessity.
- Certain extras like a GPS device or an infant seat are usually pretty expensive.